The SF Bay area is an amazing place. Where else (other than NYC I suppose) could I have the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite albums of all time, Radiohead's Kid A, performed by such a diverse assortment of amazing local musicians, many of which personal friends? I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be! So how did this amazing 3 day weekend come about? Well according to the Facebook event page:
"UnderCover Presents is a small grassroots collective that gathers musicians from every corner of the San Francisco Bay Area's music scene to celebrate the broad influence of classic albums. The concept is simple: bands are invited based on their enthusiasm for the album from a range of musical genres that reflect the diverse styles and cultures that make Bay Area music unique. Each band picks a different song from the album and infuses it with their distinctive sound and personality."
It was amazing, and the set list was as follows: (I don't think the photos appear in this order, and now I can't remember which band was which, so... sorry...).
1) Everything in Its Right Place - Rob Ewing's Disappear Incompletely ft. Dominique Leone (New Electro-Jazz)
2) Kid A - Gamelan X (Gamelan Fusion/Bali) *Monday night ft. Kid Beyond on vocals
3) The National Anthem - DRMS (Noir Pop)
4) How to Disappear Completely - Elizabeth Setzer & La Tania (Flamenco/Balkan)
5) Treefingers - Gojogo (Classical Indian Fusion/Modern Jazz)
6) Optimistic - Bang Data (Latin Hip-Hop Fusion)
7) In Limbo - Battlehooch (Shapeshifting Orchestral Rock)
8) Idioteque - Kid Beyond ft. ghostNOTES. + Classical Revolution (Electronic/String Chamber)
9) Morning Bell - The Hurd Ensemble ft. Karina Denike (Classical Meets Electronic)
10) Motion Picture Soundtrack - Bells Atlas (Afro Indie Soul)